An issue many people ran into when they began using 1x setups was chain retention with the front chainring. In the beginning of the 1x movement, many companies dealt with this by using aftermarket chain keepers that somehow bolted to the frame. Many people discovered that using a narrow-wide chainring in conjunction with some type of 'clutch' rear derailleur helped abate or eliminate these chain-jumping issues. Narrow-wide rings use alternating tooth profiles that more positively engage the chain and help control a deflecting chain in bumpy conditions. Your friends at Surly have partnered with SRAM to bring you stainless steel X-Sync chainrings. Stainless Steel is durable. This durability is pretty useful when you're talking about the one ring that is bearing the brunt of all your miles.
$32.99 - $68.99
FSA's Pro Road chainrings are made from CNC-machined 7000-series aluminum for low weight. The teeth are ramped and pinned for excellent shifting, too.
The radical look and feel of SRAM's X-SYNC 2 Eagle chainring is a direct result of SRAM drivetrain engineers studying the performance and wear characteristics of thousands of X-SYNC chainrings. They subjected every size of chainring to untold environmental and mechanical tortures, abuse and neglect, in both lab and real-world settings, to come up with a chainring that would augment the Eagle drivetrain’s performance in all conditions. The longer, positive-rake tooth shape has been designed to work perfectly with the Eagle chain to increase chain retention and overall pedaling efficiency, while decreasing friction, noise and wear.
Shimano XTR M9020 11-Speed Chainrings - For use with 22t (CK9011) and 40t (CK9018) chainrings - Chainring BCD: 96 Shimano Asymmetric - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Material: Ti/Carbon - Ring Position/Type: Middle
$74.99 - $94.99
- 7075-T6 aluminum ring for Easton Cinch system Road/CX/Gravel cranks - Asymmetric four arm shape for greater stiffness in the power zones of the pedal stroke - Narrow-wide tooth profiling prevents chaindrop with a guide or clutch derailleur - Compatible with 9/10/11 speed chains, mounts using a common Park BBT-22 tool - 47mm chainline with the Easton 129mm spindle - 38T (80g), 40T (91g), 42T (98g), 44T (105g), 46T (112g), 48T (123g), 50T (137g)
Eagle Technology creates the smoothest, quietest, longest lasting and most efficient drivetrains SRAM has ever made. The radical new look and feel of the X-SYNC 2 Eagle chainring is a direct result of SRAM drivetrain engineers studying the performance and wear characteristics of thousands of X-SYNC chainrings. The longer, positive-rake tooth shape has been designed to work perfectly with Eagle chains to increase chain retention and overall pedaling efficiency, while decreasing friction, noise, and wear. The complete Eagle system—crankset, chainring, chain, shifter, derailleur and cassette—is designed, tested, and proven to deliver the ultimate mountain bike drivetrain. Put simply, Eagle is capable of revolutionizing the ride for all riders on every kind of terrain. - Designed to be used with Eagle chains - Material: Aluminum
$46.99 - $79.99
- Asymmetric four arm shape for greater stiffness in the power zones of the pedal stroke - Compatible with 9/10/11 speed chains, mounts using a common Park BBT-22 tool
- SRAM X-SYNC wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control - Laser-etched chainring finish is more durable - X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you’re always in the right gear - Improved aerodynamics for time trial and triathlon - Material: Aluminum
- Ring Position/Type: Inner - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Chainring BCD: 64 Shimano Asymmetric - Material: Aluminum
$21.00 - $89.00
Shimano chainrings offer durability and confidence-inspiring performance, and go a long way towards getting a drivetrain back to optimum working condition.
$26.00 - $39.00
Alfine S501 chainring for single speed internally-geared drivetrains.
Shimano Sora 9-Speed replacement chainrings gets your drivetrain operating smoothly again.
Original equipment on SRAM and Truvativ cranks, these chainrings also work well with other drivetrains.
- Fits 88mm BCD used on Shimano XTR M985 race crankset (not M980 Trail) - Features Drop-Stop tooth design to prevent unwanted chain drop - 52mm chainline - Recommended for use with 10 or 11sp chain (10sp chain works on 9sp drivetrain) - Made in the USA from 7075-T6 aluminum alloy - 44g (30t)
Shimano XT M8000 11-Speed Chainrings - Chainring BCD: 96 Shimano Asymmetric - Color: Black - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Material: Steel/Carbon - Ring Position/Type: Middle - Tooth Count: 30
- The oversized chainrings are CNC machined 7075 Aluminium blanks—2mm thicker than the competition. - Unparalleled stiffness is delivered by an increased Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) and a two-piece insert-molded carbon composite construction. - The XX Crank geometry provides a narrow 156mm Q factor, efficient chainline, and beveled crank arms to maximize clearance. - X-Glide is the pure science in action common denominator that gives XX its unmatched shifting performance. - 80mm BCD
- Direct Mount Shiftring sets for TRS series cranks - Integrated ring set mounts directly to crank arm - 7075-T6 aluminum construction with 4mm width optimized for all chainguide systems to prevent chain jamming - Requires spider lockring removal tool
$134.00 - $140.95
Top quality design and materials in sizes to fit modern road and 'cross bikes. - 7000 series aluminum provides strength and durability - 52t for use with 36 or 38t - 50t for use with 34t
$69.95 - $74.95
These chainrings are for Race Face Cinch cranks such as Turbine, Next SL, Sixc & Aeffect. The Wolf Tooth Cinch rings feature a our patented Drop-Stop design for the best wear life, chain retention and mud clearance. We have both Boost and standard chainrings. - CNC machined aluminum ring fits Race Face cranks with Cinch System - Features Drop-Stop tooth design to prevent unwanted chain drop - Asymmetrical tooth shape for the best wear life, chain retention and mud clearance - Recommended for use with 10 or 11sp chain (10sp chain works on 9sp drivetrain) - Made in the USA from 7075-T6 aluminum alloy
Shimano XT M770 10-Speed Inner Chainring - Chainring BCD: 64 - Color: Black - Defined Color: Black - Drivetrain Speeds: 10 - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Inner - Tooth Count: 24
$10.00 - $30.00
Deore M6000 series 10-speed chainrings provide smooth and reliable shifting, ideal for off-road riding conditions. - Shimano HG-X technology - Compatible with 4-arm crank design
$140.00 - $141.00
Replacement chainrings in 110mm and 130mm BCD for SRAM 11-speed Yaw speed road cranks. Replace worn out rings or swap to change gearing for specific uses.
$64.99 - $67.99
Narrow wide chainrings compatible with Race Face CINCH system cranks. Direct mounting allows an easy switch between rings and spiders. - Compatible with 9, 10, 11, and 12 speed - Narrow Wide tooth profiling ensures consistent chain retention - Lockring installed/removed with ISIS BB tool - Stiff 4mm plate thickness to transfer loads without flexing
$35.00 - $65.00
Surly's Stainless Steel Chainrings last longer than their aluminum brethern because the 304 grade metal they use is 35% stronger. The rings aren't pinned or ramped so when one side starts to wear you can flip it around and pedal some more! They work great with singlespeed, fixed, and 1x9 applications.
SRAM's X-Sync Road Chainrings are designed for provide maximum control when used with AXS road cranksets. - SRAM X-SYNC wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control - Laser-etched chainring finish is more durable - X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you're always in the right gear - Can be installed with a single tool, making gearing changes a breeze
$19.99 - $49.99
Dimension Multi Speed Chainrings. - CNC-machined AL-7075 - Has ramps and pins to aid in shifting (not on 74mm BCD inner chainring) - Same BCD as Surly Long Haul Trucker, Cross-Check, and Troll complete bikes (74mm & 110mm)
$24.99 - $54.99
Dimension Chainrings. - No ramps, pins, or shift aids
$44.99 - $68.99
RaceFace Narrow Wide Chainrings feature tooth profiling for chain retention and a blend of weight and durability suitable for XC, DH, and everything in-between. - 7075-T6 aluminum, aerospace grade strength - Compatible with 9, 10, 11 and 12 speed - Stiff 4mm plate thickness and I-beam construction transfer loads without flexing - Reversible laser etched graphics - Non-threaded bolt holes
120 BCD cranksets were introduced with SRAM 2x10 drivetrains and are excellent candidates for a 1x conversion with our patented Drop-Stop chainrings. These rings will allow you to convert your 120 BCD crankset, like the SRAM XX and others, to a 1x application! Compatibility: - These rings fit any 120 BCD crankset or spider. - For SRAM cranksets you must use the stock M8.5 bolts. These are not standard bolts and Wolf Tooth's bolts will not work with this chainring. Note that only about 3 threads will engage (same with the stock SRAM rings) - For the 36t chainring and non-SRAM cranksets you will need the M8.5 bolts from Wickwerks if your crankset doesn't already have them. These bolts actually have more threads engaged and will work better than the SRAM ones. - 36t is the smallest number of teeth that fits on a 120 BCD - For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle) - Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle) - If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
$39.00 - $140.00
Replace worn out chainrings or change out gearing with SRAM's RED X-Glide Chainrings. These solid rings are crafted from aluminum using SRAM's X-Glide tooth profiles for quick, responsive shifting. If you have a SRAM RED 22 compact crank, these are the rings for you.
Page 1 of 6 Next page